|JTAN has partnered with Japan Foundation to provide members with the opportunity to hire furoshiki. The furoshikis are required to participate in the free Japan Foundation online furoshiki workshops. The workshop is designed to deliver teachers the opportunity to gain insight into how to incorporate Japanese language and culture into their classroom, while students learn about traditional Japanese furoshiki wrapping cloths and a number of wrapping/tying techniques. All furoshiki are 70cm x 70cm in size.
Workshops are presented online by a Japan Foundation, Sydney language consultant. Workshops typically run for 30 to 60 minutes. Please visit the Japan Foundation for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: JTAN does not provide or organise the workshop.
Confirmation of workshop registration with Japan Foundation will need to be provided before loaning of the furoshiki. No bookings can be made below without prior contact with email@example.com to enable access (i.e. it deliberately says sold out, it is not sold out). This is to stop too many bookings being made at once/bookings made without Japan Foundation workshops already organised. Payment must be made by credit card.
Please READ CAREFULLY prior to loaning the furoshiki, as you will be bound by the terms and conditions outlined below.
- The total number of furoshiki covered by this agreement is 35 per school. This allows for 30 furoshiki for student use and an additional 5 for use by the teacher as demonstration / models. Furoshiki will be supplied in a mixed set of different patterns, these cannot be chosen by the borrower. One set per school can be borrowed.
- The borrower agrees to pay $50 hire fee (per set). This fee covers the $20 postage fee x 2 (from JTAN to the borrower and from the borrower back to JTAN) and a $10 administration fee. An addressed prepaid post satchel is included with each set for ease of return.
- The borrower agrees to provide a $50 deposit, which shall be returned upon receipt of the furoshiki set by JTAN, provided the items are returned ON TIME and in the same state they were sent out in as per the terms of this agreement.
- The total cost of rental for this agreement is $100 which is the total of the above fees and deposit.
- It will approximately take 5 to 7 working days for the parcel to be delivered after an order is placed. Express post is not available. The borrower must ensure that they have allowed sufficient time for delivery prior to when the furoshiki are needed. JTAN can bear no responsibility for parcel delivery delays.
- The furoshiki set will be loaned to the borrower for a maximum of 30 days, counted from the date they are posted from JTAN and including the time required to return the furoshiki to JTAN. Any extension to this period is granted solely at the discretion of JTAN – there are a limited number of sets to supply across the entire state. If the borrower foresees that they will need an extension of the materials, they must apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the original return date. If the furoshiki are not returned by the time agreed, the $50 deposit will be forfeited.
- It is understood and agreed that the borrower assumes all responsibility associated with shipping the set back to the return address by the agreed upon return date. Simply put the furoshiki into the addressed return envelope and post at any post office or post office box.
- The borrower acknowledges that the materials are not new but are supplied clean (i.e they may be creased from prior use/creased in transit) and accepts the equipment in its present condition.
- The borrower must not lend these items to another school.
- The borrower agrees that it will return the materials in the same condition that it was upon arrival. The borrower must ensure that the furoshiki are not soiled by food, drink, dirt or any other substance and that students have clean hands prior to using the furoshiki. No sharp objects are to be used around the furoshiki. Students must not remove any furoshiki from the school premises. The borrower agrees to promptly notify JTAN if any of the items are lost, stolen or damaged. If JTAN determines that the materials are not in the same or better condition that it was when it left JTAN, then the $50 deposit will be forfeited to cover the cost of repair or replacement, regardless of how many furoshiki are lost, stolen or damaged.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement and there are no oral or other representations of agreement that are binding on either the borrower or JTAN. All changes to this agreement must be in writing and acknowledged by both parties.
- The furoshiki set remains the property of JTAN.
- The borrower must be a member of JTAN.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com