JTAN is pleased to be able to offer our popular Beginners Speaking Day as a face-to-face event for 2023. An honorarium for each session will be offered to each teacher for their time in attendance.
- Students are assigned a one hour session during either AM or PM based on teacher’s selection.
- Students are provided five (5) sets of 5 minutes HSC style conversation practices with feedback.
- Teachers are required to participate in the whole session for speaking practice (3hrs total) – please see schedule below. The sessions selected for your students will determine your availability as teacher.
- The teacher will be informed of their student’s exact practice time by one week before the date Please advise students to arrive at the venue 15 minutes before their allocated time. Please also advise them that student who arrives later than the allocated time may miss the practice. Students will also be emailed this information.
- If you enrol your students for the morning session, you are expected to conduct conversation practices for the whole morning session. If you enrol your students for the afternoon session, you are expected to conduct conversation practices for the whole afternoon session. If you select a mix of both morning and afternoon sessions for your students then you are expected to be available to examine for the full day.
- A Japanese language teacher must accompany his/her student/s. Each teacher may bring up to a maximum of 20 students. If the number of students is more than twenty (20) an additional (separate) application must be made by a second accompanying JTAN Member.
- Please refer to the Refund policy in ‘Constitution, Policies and Statement’ tab on www.jtan.org.au.
- Please inform email@example.com as soon as possible if there is any special condition of a student/s (e.g. wheelchair access), subject line: Continuers Speaking Day
- We will endeavour to accomodate teachers who wish to sit with a more experienced teacher for the first round, however, depending on teachers required, this may not always be possible.
Schedule for Teachers:
|8:30 – 8:45 Teacher Registration
8:45 – 9:00 Teacher Briefing
9:00 – 12:00 Conducting Conversation
|12:30 – 12:45 Teacher Registration
12:45 – 13:00 Teacher Briefing
13:00 – 16:00 Conducting Conversation
- Morning/Afternoon break will be provided during the conversation practice time. Teachers will be welcome to use the dining room for tea/coffee and snacks.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch is only provided to teachers who work for both Morning and Afternoon sessions.
- Secure parking will be provided on premises for teachers only. Students will need to access street parking or public transport.
The success of this event runs on the expertise and assistance of its teachers. If you are able to attend the whole day, JTAN and students would highly appreciate the additional assistance. An additional honorarium will be provided for teachers willing to assist for both AM and PM sessions.