ALL JTAN members are eligible to assist on the day as examiners (please select teacher ticket).
This event is only for regional students. Your school must be 2250 or higher regardless of where you live. This workshop is provided for rural/remote/non-metropolitan students ONLY. Student Tickets may only be purchased by teachers with regional membership.
If you are a Metropolitan teacher with rural students (i.e NSW School of Languages) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for manual registration options.
JTAN requires teachers to assist with examining for this whole day in order for the event to run (Continuers session from 8:30 until 12:00 AND Beginners session from 12:30 – 2:00). This is an online Zoom event so you will need a computer with good internet connection. A 30 min training session will be held one week prior to the day to familiarise you with the set up as well as an overview of the Continuers and Beginners oral examination. Further information about this online briefing will be sent to teachers closer to the day.
Note to teachers:
- Teachers will be paid an honorarium for their assistance for this event. Please provide your bank details on the registration form.
- Continuers students are provided four (4) sets of 7 minutes HSC style conversation practices with feedback. Beginners students are provided with five (5) sets of 5 minutes HSC style conversation with feedback.
- Although the venue is online, please advise students to connect at least 10 minutes before their allocated time to allow time to check equipment. Please also advise them that students who arrive later than the allocated time may miss the practice.
- If your student has a special condition (e.g. hearing problem, frequent stuttering), please indicate this on the special provisions question on the registration form.
- Please be aware that students’ poor internet environment may cause them to miss their session. Student mobile phone numbers are requested as a backup contact option.
- The student and teacher will be informed of their student’s exact practice time by one week before the date.
- If you enrol your students for the morning or afternoon session or both, you are expected to conduct conversation practices for the whole day. This is to ensure that there are enough teachers to assist with running the event.
- Each teacher may register up to a maximum of 15 students. If the number of students is more than 15, an additional (separate) application must be made by a second accompanying JTAN Member.
- TEACHERS ARE REQUIRED to conduct conversation practices for the whole day. This is to ensure that there are enough teachers to assist with running the event. Training will be provided one week prior during the Zoom briefing.
- Please refer to the Refund policy in ‘Constitution, Policies and Statement’ tab on www.jtan.org.au.
- We will endeavour to accomodate teachers who wish to sit with a more experienced teacher for the first round, however, depending on teachers required, this may not always be possible.
Schedule for Teachers (TBC depending on student numbers):
|Morning Session – Continuers
|Afternoon Session – Beginners
|8:30 – 8:45
|8:45 – 9:00
|9:00 – 12:00
|Conducting Conversation practices
|Conducting Conversation practices
- A short break will be provided for teachers between the conversation practice time, as well as a half hour lunch break.
- Catering is not provided due to the online nature of this event.
- The schedule of the day is subject to change, depending on course candidates.
⚠️ This event will only run based on a minimum numbers of students and teacher markers available to assist – register early!
Registrations close 6th July, depending on ticket availability.